As COVID-19 continues to spread more widely across the UK, we are committed to providing regular updates to our clients, main contractors, employees, operatives and supply chains regarding the ongoing situation throughout our business. As you will appreciate, this is a fluid situation and as each day passes, the situation changes. Currently PMJ Masonry has NO cases of COVID-19.
Details of our COVID-19 action plan are listed below:
- We continue to follow the issued guidance from the Government and in addition, the World Health Organisation (WHO) and NHS.
- We are currently providing regular, and if required, daily updates to all in order to reduce risks of exposure in the workplace.
- We have ensured that employees and operatives know how to spot symptoms of COVID-19 and are clear on any relevant processes, and procedures in case someone in the workplace develops the virus.
- We have issued a COVID-19 information and action sheet and toolbox talks. Anyone identifying as having symptoms will be given individual advise and it will be agreed whether they will continue to work or self-isolate.
- We have distributed posters around the site asking employees to cough or sneeze into a tissue and put it in a bin, or if they do not have tissues, cough and sneeze into the crook of their elbow.
- Any employees/operatives travelling to any restricted zone as informed by the WHO are asked to self-isolate for a period of 2 weeks upon their return. Whether they show symptoms or not, these people will be required to prove that they are free of COVID-19 (i.e. test results).
- Employees/operatives concerned that they have symptoms of COVID-19 will be made to self-isolate and in addition to seek advice from NHS 111 and where appropriate get COVID-19 tested.
- We are ensuring that there are a large amount of clean places to wash hands with hot water and soap, and we have recently acquired a large quantity of alcohol-based sanitiser that will be strategically placed around our visitor, office and site areas.
- Site visits have been restricted except for employees/management required to attend as a part of our ongoing contract for that site.
- All non-essential face to face meetings have been cancelled until further notice.
- We have put measures into place to ‘work from home’ to ensure the continued running of the business in any eventuality.
We will issue an update in due course if there are any further changes to our operation, but as of the 18/03/2020, we are operating as normal with no current large-scale disruption.
NHS England – https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
UK Government – https://www.gov.uk/government/topical-events/coronavirus-covid-19-uk-government-response